Nov 20, 2013

Mariana Vasconcelos


I'm going through a transitional period in my life. It's that point where I'm trying to find out who I am, what I'm passionate about, and where I'd like to go in life. Truth be told, I've struggled with this my entire life. I'm getting to the point of realization and I'm finding tranquility in the fact that I'm young, and I have so many opportunities still ahead of me. The thing that I would honestly love to do is continue with this blog, allow it to become a success, and then grow from it and maybe become a model. I always felt discouraged when it came to the thought of modeling. It's my favorite thing to do, but it has to do with luck, "the look", who you know, etc etc. I just want to push past all my mental barriers, all the negative comments I've gotten, and do what I love. I know I still have a lot to learn, but I'm always open to advice. That's why I love to work with so many different people. You never know what they have to offer and what doors they can open up for you. I'm just working hard and waiting for the moment to arrive where I can stop dreaming and finally look back and say "I made it". I don't care how much work it is, or how much time it takes, I just want to look back and feel pleased with how far I've come. I'm already so grateful with the little bit that I have at this moment, but I'm not done just yet. I know there's still more to do and I can only move up at this point. And maybe I won't make it. I just want to make sure that I really did try. Okay, that's enough ranting. 

I always wanted to work with my photographer friend Mariana Vasconcelos. She has her own aesthetic and it's beautiful. To top it all off, she's always been so passionate about what she's done- that always makes me want to work with a person. I was so estatic when she asked me to work with her. I fell in love with the end results. I'll post more photos up as she sends me them. I just really wanted to post up the ones I've already recieved. Thank you Mariana for an amazing experience. It was an honor to work with you.






1 comment on "Mariana Vasconcelos"
  1. These photos are absolutely phenomenal. If anyone deserves to be a model, it's you Shelly. Don't ever give up! You are extremely beautiful and have a great sense of style. My college friends always look forward to seeing your posts. Take care and good luck!

    ReplyDelete